Were you injured on someone’s property?
Call to take the first steps towards getting the compensation you deserve. The Barillari Law Firm understands your frustration and pain during this stressful time in addition to your rights as a victim of such negligence.
If you were injured due to a property owner’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain, suffering, medical bills, and other associated expenses. By taking action, you will not only be potentially compensated for your injuries, but you will be ensuring the negligent party is held accountable and that the unsafe conditions are remedied.
Representing Premises Liability Victims
A “premises liability” accident is one that occurs due to dangerous conditions on a property. In order to pursue a case, you will need to prove several factors:
- You were lawfully on the property or that your presence on the property was reasonably foreseeable.
- The owner, its agents or employees created a dangerous condition, or was aware or should have known of the unsafe condition on their property and was negligent in failing to remedying it, or repaired it in a way that did not fix the condition or made it worse, or did not clearly warn of the condition.
- You were injured due to the negligence of the property owner.
Private and commercial property owners or occupiers as well as state and city municipalities have a legal responsibility to provide safe conditions for anyone who enters their premises. If the owner’s negligence to remedy a hazardous situation on their land or property results in an injury, the injured party has the legal right to seek compensation.
The most common situations property owners can be found at fault for injuries are:
- Slip/Trip and Fall
- Slippery or Broken Sidewalks
- Elevator and Escalator Malfunctions
- Negligent Security
- Toxic Mold
- Dog Bites
- Lead Poising
- Exposed Wiring