Community Activities and Involvement
Bill Barillari is a firm believer in giving back to the community where he grew up and works. In 2011, in recognition for his service to his community, he was the recipient of a Paul Harris Fellow given by the South Shore Rotary Club of Staten Island. The Paul Harris Fellow is presented to Rotarians and the community who have demonstrated “service above self” to the community. It is the highest award presented by Rotary Clubs worldwide.
Bill Barillari is an active member of the South Shore Rotary Club of Staten Island, since 1996. He is currently serving as President and has served as President-Elect, Vice President, Sargent at Arms, Board of Directors and Finance Committee Chairman. As a member of the South Shore Rotary, he has served for 10 terms as a chairperson of a committee that is responsible for providing Thanksgiving Day meals needy Staten Island families. He has also served on a committee that sponsors a prom for the developmentally disabled students of the Hungerford School of Staten Island, and Senior Citizen dances. Additionally, he successfully completed the 2004 NYC Marathon to raise awareness and funds for the Cooley’s Anemia Foundation of Staten Island. For more information about the South Shore Rotary Club please click the attached link.
South Shore Rotary Community Events / Fundraisers:
- Hungerford Prom – The club prepares and Serves dinner for the special needs graduates and then guests at the schools annual prom.
- Comedy Night – Another fun event open to the Staten Island community where anyone can come, get insulted, and have a great time all for a charitable cause.
- Annual Golf Outing Fundraiser – Raising money for the Parkinson’s Association.
- Annual Scholarship Luncheon – As a result of fundraising efforts we award scholarships to deserving Island Students furthering there education.
- John’s Pasta Party – Donations provide scholarships for students with cancer
- Texas Hold’em Fundraiser
- Annual Rotary Show – Featuring the al Lambert Orchestra, the South Shore Rotary Chorus. Proceeds are donated to local and international charities
- SIUH Auxiliary Banquet