Community Activities and Involvement
Bill Barillari is a firm believer in giving back to the community where he grew up and works. In 2011, in recognition for his service to his community, he was the recipient of a Paul Harris Fellow given by the South Shore Rotary Club of Staten Island. The Paul Harris Fellow is presented to Rotarians and the community who have demonstrated “service above self” to the community. It is the highest award presented by Rotary Clubs worldwide.
Bill Barillari is an active member of the South Shore Rotary Club of Staten Island since 1996.
He has served as President, President-Elect, Vice President, Sargent at Arms, Finance
Committee Chairperson, and multiple terms as of member of its Board of Directors. For the
past 25 years, Bill has served as the South Shore Rotary Thanksgiving Day Basket Chairperson
that has worked in concert with Staten Island’s four other Rotary Clubs to provide over 4000
people Thanksgiving Day meals annually. Bill takes great pride that his tenure as President
was dubbed the “Year of the Veteran”, whereby he spearheaded multiple fundraising campaigns to support various Veteran Organizations and causes such as Tunnel to Towers, Support Our Soldiers, Rolling Thunder and the Road Home Foundation. He has served on a committee that sponsors a high school prom for developmentally disabled students of the Hungerford School in Staten Island, and Senior Citizen Dances. Additionally, he completed the NYC Marathon to raise awareness and funds for the Cooley Anemia Foundation of Staten Island. For more information about the South Shore Rotary please click here.
The South Shore Rotary Supports the Community
- Hungerford School
- March of Dimes
- MS Walk
- Siller Foundation
- St George Theatre
- Grace Foundation
- On Your Mark
- Seton Foundation
- Seamens Society
- South Shore Rotary Scholarships
and many more…
South Shore Rotary Community Events / Fundraisers:
- Hungerford Prom – The club prepares and Serves dinner for the special needs graduates and then guests at the schools annual prom.
- Comedy Night – Another fun event open to the Staten Island community where anyone can come, get insulted, and have a great time all for a charitable cause.
- Annual Golf Outing Fundraiser – Raising money for the Parkinson’s Association.
- Annual Scholarship Luncheon – As a result of fundraising efforts we award scholarships to deserving Island Students furthering there education.
- John’s Pasta Party – Donations provide scholarships for students with cancer
- Texas Hold’em Fundraiser
- Annual Rotary Show – Featuring the al Lambert Orchestra, the South Shore Rotary Chorus. Proceeds are donated to local and international charities
- SIUH Auxiliary Banquet